GasCo Fuels has rewarding employment opportunities through out Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. We are currently hiring for positions at C&M Country Store & Subway in Island City Oregon, Eat & Run Convenience Store & Subway in LaGrande OR, Oak St Mobil Gas Station in LaGrande OR, and Baker City Chevron in Baker City Oregon.
We offer competitive pay and our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus enjoy paid personal time off and many other perks! See our current job openings below then fill out our online application. We look forward to speaking with you!
GasCo Fuel™ is looking for an efficient, courteous Gas Station Cashier/Pumper to work at our Eat & Run Convenience Store who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Gas Station Cashier/Pumper will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, pump gas, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a Gas Station Cashier/Pumper, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
Must be 21+ years of age.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Responsible for maintaining the store inventory, Gas Station Cashiers must stock and re-stock shelves, replenishing product in shelving, coolers and hot food area. They may be required to prepare the hot food, as well. Sometimes they perform maintenance on drink machines. Finally, they are responsible for maintaining and refilling the outside washing dispensers.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly station. This includes servicing and cleaning the public restrooms, cleaning the windows and countertops, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping the floors, and organizing shelves.
Gas Station Cashiers/Pumpers spend most of their time on their feet. The work is often repetitive, and spend most of their time standing behind counters or checkout stands and maintaining clean and orderly stations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic Math
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal
- Time Management
- Product Knowledge
- Telephone Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Dispute Resolution
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
- Customer service or Cashier experience (required)
- 2+ years of gas station cashier/pumper experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department at (541) 963-3411 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.